Wholesome Anzac biscuits
- Ready in: 40 minutes
- Complexity: medium
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (use 1½ cup quick oats or 1 cup oat flour if not using food processor)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup chopped almonds (use flaked or crushed almonds if not using a processor)
- 2½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 2½ tablespoons honey or maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract (or 3 vanilla stevia drops)
- 1 small teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water (or one more if you feel its very dry)
- Preheat the oven to 160-170 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place oats, coconut, almonds, cinnamon and vanilla into a food processor and combine (or mix ingredients very well in a bowl).
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, and then add in the honey/maple/rice malt syrup and water.
- Pour the warm liquid into the dry mix and process or stir well until all combined and the mixture is tacky (Don’t over process, you want to have some chunks of nut to make them nice and crunchy!)
- Spoon into balls best you can (about 8-14 depending on the size you would like) and place on the prepared baking tray. Use a fork to push the biscuits together more and flatten the balls down a little.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.