Healthy Mexican Bowl
- Serves: 2
- Complexity: medium
- 300g Chicken breast, diced into small cubes (if making vegetarian version, use the equivalent of brown rice/black or red kidney beans or lentils)
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup kidney beans
- 1 zucchini and/or 1 red capsicum
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 3 stalks fresh coriander, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or use 2-3 tbs water)
- A serving of avocado, cheese or sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan. Season diced chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and cook until slightly browned.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, and saute for about 3 or until soft.
- Add in the finely chopped zucchini, capsicum, corn, kidney beans, paprika, cumin, coriander and chilli powder and continue to saute on medium-low heat until everything is cooked together, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once cooked, add the spinach and stir through until wilted
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed well and heated through; adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl and top with avocado, shredded cheese or sour cream. Even heartier with a side of brown rice, tortilla chips or warmed tortillas.