Roasted pumpkin lentil and broccoli salad
- Ready in: 35 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 650g pumpkin, diced up into small squares
- 500g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained and well rinse
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1-2 tbs warm water
- pinch of salt and cracked pepper
- half a teaspoon cumin (or any herbs you like, coriander would also work well)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put the diced pumpkin on the tray, spray with a little oil and season with ground pepper. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until tender.
-While the pumpkin is cooking:
- Boil the broccoli for a few minutes until bright green and tender but crisp. Drain well.
- In a small bowl combine yoghurt, tahini, cumin, salt/pepper and add 1–2 tablespoons of warm water to thin the sauce to your liking, whisk together.
- In a large bowl place the baked pumpkin, broccoli and lentils and gently stir through combining everything together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad before serving