How to cook QUINOA
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water / or veg or chicken broth/stock
1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 cup of raw quinoa will provide roughly 3 cups of cooked quinoa
1. Measure out 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water, add into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir in some salt (if using)
2. Turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes, still covered.
4. After 5 minutes, remove the lid, fluff the quinoa with a fork, and serve.
* How do you know if it’s cooked? You should see tiny white spirals separating from the quinoa seeds
* Rinse the quinoa if you wish. Most quinoa now comes pre-rinsed, but some find it bitter tasting with out rinsing. I personally cannot tell at all! Some books also say to soak the quinoa for hours before, but I think this is unnecessary.
For even tastier quinoa, you can use 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth/stock instead of water