Yes! I poach chicken all of the time, and keep it in the fridge. The key is not overcooking it as it will be dry and rough.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a pot.
- Completely cover the chicken with chicken broth or water (at least 500mL per breast)
- Add any herbs you would like
- Bring to a boil, then quickly reduce the heat to low so that the water simmering.
- Partly cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat completely, and allow chicken to remain in hot water for 15-20 minutes
Make sure the chicken is cooked through, neatly slice and enjoy!